Monday 30 April 2018

Camp Nano Win!!



I did it!!! I achieved my 25,000 word goal - and I achieved it early!! Go me :) So, in true fashion, I obviously set myself an extra push didn't I?? Of course - I challenged myself to fit in an extra 5,000 words in the six remaining days! And guess what?? I did that too - despite taking an impromptu three day break and having to squeeze the last 2,500 words in today. I am very proud of myself.

So, first of all, let me track back to tell you what Camp Nano actually is - for all my non-writer readers (and maybe writers who have not yet found their way to NanNoWriMo) check out the link for a brief description, and to check out their Camp site, and then head on over to their mother site to see what all the fuss is about with NanNoWriMo! But basically, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, which is in November every year, where writers all over the world, both indie and traditionally published, work their socks off to write 50,000 words in 30 days! Sounds a lot right, but honestly, it's not that bad if you're working on rough drafts and just getting words down on a page to edit later! Camp Nano is held in April and July and is exactly what it sounds - an online retreat for writer's to set their own goals and get a wriggle on with those work in progresses!
For me this time, it was finishing off the first draft of the second book in my new series due to launch next summer. I now have a nearly complete draft which I intend on finishing off this week and then printing to go through its first red pen edits! Exciting times...

Wanna see my certificate?? Of course you do!


Thanks for the support guys and girls - till next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment