Sunday 20 May 2018

Work week...

Apologies for my lack of presence... work seemed to take over my life a little for the couple of weeks! Having gotten used to a cushy two day a week contract since January, my body rebelled at the idea of working for nine out of ten days and I have barely done anything other than work, eat and sleep! No joke! It sounds pathetic, I know, but four months is a long time for someone to fall into a routine. Throw in having to cope with life, trying hard to keep up with some writing goals, and my to-read pile, and I have scraped through and am still going at the end of it.

During this nine day stint, I finished off the Waterstone's cluster by working in both the Sheffield, Orchard Square branch, and the little shop in Chesterfield town centre :) I can now say that I have worked in all six stores on the cluster! The bus and train to Chesterfield was an experience and a half though, I'll tell ya... you don't half get used to the comforts of your own car! I also got to try my hand at a window display - check out my handy work!!


But anyway, with the work marathon over, I have had the entire weekend off - a first in a while! I had a lovely lie in yesterday morning, one which I believe to have been well deserved and made me feel so much better, then we went for a picnic in the park where we got to enjoy the glorious sunshine - and maybe end up with little pink cheeks!! Plus we got to play hide 'n' seek! No need to guess who the winner was (I'll give you a hint - it's the smallest one!)

Angry Jesters rounded off last night with the gig at The Ark, an ace night as always... many laughs were had all round.

And to top it off, Simon and I drove out to Cleethorpes beach in the early hours of the morning so that I could get some photographs of the sunrise over the sea for one of my book covers! Not random at all - and definitely not suggested! I have only just got up after making it to bed at half past six this morning... photos look great though, I can't wait to get started...


So, now I have the rest of today to attempt to be productive, then back to work tomorrow, but on a three day week! I have writing goals that I need to get back on top of as I have deadlines fast approaching and this week has thrown me right off! So, you know where to find me - I'm attached to the laptop!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment