Wednesday 27 March 2019

Feeling good

Thought I'd check in with the health kick for anyone who is interested and to show you my food photography. Yes... *eye rolls* - go for it - Simon does every time I get my camera out. He does not understand the whole 'taking photos of your food' thing, but I am proud of my cooking and meal prep... I am taking photos :)

I made meal plans, I have stuck to them, including the meals that including the kids, and I am rather enjoying myself at the moment. So, you wanna see?!


This one is my masterpiece so far, though it's so simple and easy to cook, it's simply delicious. One of my mom's recipes that I learned to do when I was still at home and one that I still like to do. Simon seemed to enjoy it too - clean plates are always a dead giveaway.


The meal I am struggling for, especially when I go back to work, is breakfast. I have found that I am doing the same things over and over again. Not that the meals I have planned aren't good, but I am going to find myself getting bored of them if I keep going on this small cycle.

If anyone has great, healthy suggestions then I would love to hear them :)










I am enjoying the evening meals as they are the ones I have the most time for. I went for a classic chicken, new potatoes and veg the first night of the health kick and had it ready for when Simon came home from work.




I prepped all the vegetables and had them in water ready for when he got home so that I could get straight on with it while he jumped in the shower. I'd been to the butchers that morning and found cajun chicken - made a perfect meal to me :)








I have been reading Hashtag Authentic by Sara Tasker recently, and something I have realised while writing this is that I need to work on my photography skills if I am going to keep taking food photos for my blog. There was a great chapter on food photography in the book so I am going to go back to it and have a look at taking some more artistic photos for the next update!

Till then - stay healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Your piccies are making me feel hungry - look lovely. Kèep up the good work beautiful 💕 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, as long as you're hungry for healthy food!!

      Delete