Tuesday 18 September 2018

Pages & Co

So, as a lot of you probably already know, as a bookseller, I have access to some books pre-publication! I can read what's called a 'proof copy' - which is an unfinished copy of the book while it is still going through edits and what not, and sometimes we get 'pre-sale copies' - which are finished copies of the book, but we get our hands on them before they are published and released into the world! This is so that we can read them, review them and know what they're about so that we can talk about them to our customers! And of course, recommend the great ones!

Now I am slowly building my collection of proofs etc and have enjoyed reading the stories pre-publication. I like to be able to talk to my customers about books that I have already read, as I find it better to be able to recommend a book on personal preference and enjoyability, rather than being able to tell them that it sells well, or has great reviews, which is what I often have to fall back on.

Well, this book was one that I picked up as a proof copy when I went to a Harper Collins event back in June! They had lots of proofs and pre-sale copies of their upcoming books, and some back titles to help boost authors with new books out. This particular book caught my interest as just an idea when the lady who worked for Harper Collins was talking about it, and I just had to get a copy. I walked away with a spiral bound paper copy as it hadn't even made it to printing yet, and I have to admit, I didn't get around to reading it. However, when the paperback proof showed up in the post a couple of weeks later, I read the first few pages right then and there, and that was it for me! I read the rest of the book in less than forty-eight hours, around two full working days and a life at home! It was absolutely amazing!!

It kills me that I have had to wait this long to be able to get excited and really shout about this book, because up until now it has only been available for pre-order which is great, but no where near as cool as me now being able to say that you can get your copy today!!!

Tilly and the book wanderers is the first book of Pages & Co, a children's fiction age 9-12 title that explores the idea of books as a portal to their worlds. Now although this title is technically children's fiction, I urge all book lovers, specifically those that have always loved books, to go out and get a copy and read this! I promise you that you won't regret it! Anna James has written Tilly's story, which you will soon learn is a story that every book lover wished was theirs. It is filled with the dreams you had as a child when you were reading your favourite stories - wishing you could enter their worlds and talk to your favourite characters.


Check out my review here, and don't forget to go and buy your copy - you'll find it on the shelves of every book store, and online of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment