Monday 1 October 2018

First day in the new job...

First of October - a brand new start... literally. I did my first day at Waterstones Orchard Square today, including sending my first emails as Events Manager :) Exciting times...



This was my tired face this morning at being up and off to work so long before I was actually due to start my shift, but the sun was shining and I had chocolate milk, so all was not that bad!















After much deliberation and lots of conversations and Googling to work out what the best options were, I decided that public transport was going to be my friend! Taking the car into the city centre was going to cause too many issues, one of them being the parking costs to have my car in town for nearly nine hours. The other was the thought of driving in and out of town at peak times! Not a pleasant thought - so the decision was made to take the tram from the park and ride at Halfway. It's new to me, but I have gained a forty minute travel time each way that is obviously prime reading time!! I got over a third of a book read today! Now that is seriously going to impact how many I can get through in a month...








I had an amazing day - I got a lovely welcome from the staff, a hug from Aly having not seen her since we got back from Buxton in the summer... I got a guided tour of the shop, which is a massive help when moving from a small shop to one that has so many subsections I thought my head was going to explode with all the information.

After lunch, I got to send my first emails in preparation for planning my first event. Michelle Obama's book, Becoming is due for release on the 13th November and we are making plans!! It felt awesome to write my name at the bottom of the email as Vanessa; Events Manager. Now I have to wait to get replies before I can do much more, but there are already more events on the to do list once I have found my feet. I can't wait! :D

On the way out I had to get the obligatory photo of me in front of the shop - I have one of these for all the stores I have worked in - which is now all six of them in the cluster!!


Keep your eyes peeled for more information about upcoming events - I'd really love to see some familiar faces at them!

Till next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment