Wednesday 10 October 2018

Tarot Reading

I recently took up Tarot Card Reading as a hobby, something I have always found fascinating, but have never gotten involved in. I haven't had my cards read by anyone as I am extremely sceptical about people in this line of work as there are so many out there that take advantage of people when they are vulnerable; I've never really dared trust anyone.

However, after a little research when I was writing one of my books led me to start thinking about it some more, I did a little independent digging about Tarot and went out and bought myself a deck of cards and a book. Obviously I was going to start with a book! I brought the cards home and resisted the temptation to open them straight up and investigate. I did the right thing and read the book first, wanting to truly understand the cards and how they worked.

Once I had the basics down, I opened the deck and started studying the cards, the minor arcana suits and the major arcana cards. It took me a while to get to grips with what these meant, and I still have issues without referring back tot he book for basic guidance, but I learned that it was all about interpretation.

Once I had a grasp on the basics, I had a go at a reading using the spread that the pack suggested as a basic one. I kept my question simple and open, and I let myself feel the cards and their meanings. Although still a little sceptical, I have to admit that I could make a lot of sense out of their interpretations. I kept a note of the reading and what the cards had said to refer back to at a later date, wondering if the future part of the cards was something that might happen...

I have used the Tarot cards since, however have been struggling with layouts and when to use which one. What types of questions are best suited to which spreads and so on. Anyone out there reading this that has any wisdom they'd like to impart, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Until then, I will keep moving slowly forward and see how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment