Tuesday 2 April 2019

March's Reading List

Another month gone. Wow, this year is really flying! I fit in another six books and have started the seventh...


First up was After the Eclipse by Fran Dorricott. Fran is a fellow Waterstones Bookseller and was signed with Titan Books - After the Eclipse is her debut crime thriller novel!!


~~~

Two solar eclipses. Two missing girls. Sixteen years ago a little girl was abducted during the darkness of a solar eclipse while her older sister Cassie was supposed to be watching her. She was never seen again. When a local girl goes missing just before the next big eclipse, Cassie - who has returned to her home town to care for her ailing grandmother - suspects the disappearance is connected to her sister: that whoever took Olive is still out there. But she needs to find a way to prove it, and time is running out.

~~~

Wowsers - crime isn't really my thing, but I am slowly developing a liking for psychological thrillers. After the Eclipse was stunning! It kept you guessing all the way through and the ending was definitely no let down - My review is a good one :)


Hashtag Authentic by Sara Tasker

~~~

Instagram is the fastest growing of all social media platforms, with 400 million monthly active users worldwide - half of whom are under the age of twenty-five. While some use the app as a personal networking tool, many also use it to build their creative business endeavours; whether in food and drink or fashion and lifestyle.

Sara Tasker has done just that, and since setting up her account whilst on maternity leave in 2013, has become an Instagram coach, iPhoneographer and social media influencer. Her chronicle of authentic everyday life and her mindful Me and Orla blog has developed into a business in which she provides access to free insta-tips, alongside some hugely popular paid for e-courses for independent creatives.

Hashtag Authentic draws on the lessons Sara has learned over the past five years to provide readers with tips, advice and guidance on how to turn their personal Instagram account into a profitable creative outlet. From visual storytelling and improving photography skills to archiving day-to-day life and changing the work/life balance, this book is both an inspiring manual and an interactive tool for finding an online voice, growing a tribe and becoming an influencer.

~~~

An amazing book - truly inspiring and beautifully written and laid out. There are some wonderful examples to draw from and lots of great advice. I'd highly recommend if you're using Instagram and want to raise the level of your posts. Check out my review.


I follow Claire on Instagram, so when she began advertising and promoting the new series she has co-written I had to get it pre-ordered. Bane (Carnal Pleasures Book 1) by Claire Marta & Summer Stanton is the first of the new series and something a little different!

~~~

Carnal Pleasures is the most exclusive BDSM club in the supernatural world. Renowned for their specialized Dominant and submissive training, people come from all over to explore what the club has to offer.

Cold and commanding, Adam Archer is the club manager. Though he hasn’t taken on a submissive in years, he agrees to see to the newest member of the club.

After surviving a horrific attack, Bane is left broken. The lost wolf is sent to Carnal Pleasures at the bidding of his Pack Alpha. Wrapped in pain and self-doubt he doesn’t want to be there. After all, who would help a damaged beast?

Their attraction is instant, but Bane is distrustful of the demanding vampire. Not used to following the orders of anyone but his Alpha, he fights against his temporary Master at every turn.

Determined to make him let go, Adam submerges Bane in a world he never thought to dream of. A place where trust and submission go hand in hand.

Both men are stubborn and fight tooth and nail to make their arrangement work. When they do figure it out, they find they have more in common than mutual attraction. Together, they might heal more than just Bane's broken confidence.

~~~

I will admit that I was skeptical about this read due to it being different to what I am used to, but just like the world it portrays, it's good to be pushed past our normal boundaries sometimes. Bane and Adam were fantastic characters and the world Claire and Summer describes is great. Taught me a few things too... Check out my review :)


Whilst checking the release date on the newest of Tiffany's books, I discovered a Sinners' novella that I had never read!! So obviously, I purchased it instantly to read... The Last Good Knight by Tiffany Reisz is a short story based before the beginning of the first book in the Original Sinners series.


~~~


The 8th Circle - Three years before The Siren When Mistress Nora, newly separated from her lover Søren, encounters a sexy newcomer at the 8th Circle it is lust at first sight. But when their session is cut short by Kingsley Edge, Nora vows to seduce the gorgeous submissive, even if it goes against all of Kingsley's orders.

The Last Good Knight is an Original Sinners novella told in five
Part I: Scars and Stripes
Part II: Sore Spots
Part III: The Games Destiny Plays
Part IV: Fit to Be Tied
Part V: The Last Good Night

~~~

As expected, this was amazing!! Tiffany never fails to disappoint, especially when it involves the Sinners! This series is my all-time favourite. It's not for everyone, but I love it! Check out my review :)


I thought I was being clever by fitting this one in just in time for Book Club at work, only to get there and realise I was a month ahead of myself and the ladies at Book Club didn't know about this one yet... Oh well, I'm on the ball! If I Die Before I Wake by Emily Koch was Waterstones' Thriller of the Month for March!

~~~

Everyone believes Alex is in a coma, unlikely to ever wake up. As his family debate withdrawing life support, he can only listen. But he soon begins to suspect that his accident wasn't really an accident. Even worse, the perpetrator is still out there and Alex is not the only one in danger.

Alex must use a series of clues from his past to solve the mystery of who tried to kill him. He needs to protect those he loves - before they decide to let him go...

~~~

Read this in a couple of days!! Had to know what happened and 'whodunnit'! A seriously good page-turner with a satisfying ending (in the sense that it could have been a pretty lame one) - Check out my review for a bit more, I've tried to avoid spoilers as much as I can.


Had this one on the shelf a while, and with the World Book Day title to go with it I figured I had time to squeeze it in!! Bad Mermaids by Sibeal Pounder is a children's 5-8 title, but I couldn't resist!

~~~

Mermaids Beattie, Mimi and Zelda are enjoying a summer on land with legs when they receive a strange CRABAGRAM ordering them to return home at once. Some seriously BAD MERMAIDS are on the loose and the girls are the only ones who can stop them. If they're going to save the day, they'll need answers. And a clam car. Definitely piranha-print nail polish. Possibly not the talking seahorse. CAN THEY DO IT? Filled with magical mysteries, fabulous fashion, and a serious piranha problem, Bad Mermaids brings a whole new twist to the underwater world of mermaids. If you enjoyed The Little Mermaid, you'll love this too!

~~~

I have to be honest and say that this wasn't as great as I was hoping for. It's a great story, and the characters are fantastic, but I struggled to get into the adventure... Check out my review here.


I started The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden as I was due to meet her last Saturday, but haven't quite finished it yet, so I will put that one in the start of next month's run down!

Keep Reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment