Thursday 8 February 2018

International Correspondence Writing Month

A late one tonight - I definitely have the bug these last few days... not been tired at bedtime at all! Anyway, that's not what I sat down to write about! Who knows about International Correspondence Writing Month?? Hands up!?

Well, obviously I do, but I want to tell you all about it too! February is known as International Correspondence Writing Month - or InCoWriMo for short - and celebrates the long forgotten hand-written letter! Back in the day when you used to have to write to your friends and family if they didn't live close; before Facebook, Snapchat and video calls! I used to love writing letters, and have a beautiful array of stationary left over from a time when I used to write to friends in the Forces. Now, I tend to send a message over Whatsapp - because I can. However, I do still love to write the occasional letter and what not... So, I grabbed the opportunity that InCoWriMo gave me with both hands: A reason to write letters - 28 letters - one for each day of February! 

I was also sensible though - I knew that I couldn't write 28 letters - so, I dug out these stunning postcards that I have had knocking around for a few months and not really know what to do with them.. They're getting used this month! Maybe you'll receive one!! Feel free to send me your address if you want to hear from me in writing :)



Despite not getting on with writing my postcards on the 1st, I dug out my address book on the third and got caught up! Plus, this is giving me an excuse to use up my Christmas stamps!!


Keep an eye out for the post man this month - you might just get a post card!!


No comments:

Post a Comment