Friday 2 February 2018

Harry Potter Night

Thursday night saw me and my sister dressing up and heading over to Waterstone's to help celebrate Harry Potter Night :) Apparently, on the 1st February for the last four years, Waterstone's have held this amazing night and it has been awesome enough to make a tradition out of it!! Of course, being a new employee, being a big fan, and having a super fan for a sister, we had to go check out what all the fuss was about, right?! So, we donned out fancy dress outfits; one of us doing a better job that the other I have to say... and off we went...

Back to those outfits first! Mine was a great idea, and looked fantastic in my head; I promise! However, it didn't look quite so good once I had it on, plus I had failed at locating a Ravenclaw scarf last minute in order to represent my house colours... So, by the time I was finished, I would probably have passed for a Death Eater, in my long black robes and hood, but not so much a witch of wizard just out for a stroll... My sister however, outdid herself without even trying. Keeping it simple, and not even technically dressing up - she donned her Hufflepuff colours, and channeled her inner Newt Scamander and looked fabulous!


On arrival, we were sorted into the houses in which we would play for by choosing a coloured gem from a bag... I believe we pulled red, meaning we were Gryffindor, however, like most people there, we soon decided to just play for Hufflepuff, as neither of us wanted to play for a house that we didn't really belong to! We weren't alone - most people already knew which house they belonged to, and ignored the sorting bag as it didn't know what it was talking about!!

We took part in the puzzles around the shop, taking on the hunt for the golden snitches, and battling our way through a beastly word search - then we showed ourselves up in the master quiz! Now, Harry Potter fans we may be; unfortunately, the quiz was all Fantastic Beast based, and neither of us had the knowledge to be able to pull off a decent score... out of a possible 1370, we scored 380... and most of those were either linked to the original Harry Potter books (for example, the dragon from the Triwizard Tournament) or were just pure guesses!!

The point is that we had a great night, and thoroughly enjoyed nerding it up for a few hours - plus it was great to get to spend some time with each other :)


1st February next year - put it in your diary now and we'll see you there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment