Wednesday 31 January 2018

Accidental Dry January

So now that January has come to a close, I have seen several posts on Facebook and what not about friends and family that have accomplished Dry January! Well first, let me say Congratulations to each of you that have set out and achieved - and by no means does what I have to say next, undermine what any of you have accomplished. Whilst reading one of these posts on Facebook, I realised that I have done Dry January completely by accident... Anyone that knows me knows that I don't really drink very often, and even when I do (and we're talking special occasions) I don't exactly drink much! The last time I did was New Year's Eve, where I went out with my boyfriend, sister and friends to celebrate the incoming New Year!


That glass in my hand contains Southern Comfort and lemonade - my drink of choice, and I had plenty of it that night (by my standards anyway; the others drunk me under the table) Since then, I haven't had any alcohol, as I tend to by the designated driver - by choice - as drinking doesn't hold much interest for me. I have just as much fun drinking soft drinks and taking photos, and knowing that everyone has a ride home at the end of a great night! My next drinking session will probably be my birthday in the summer, unless something else seems important enough before then... Oh, and my cheeky tipple of Bailey's in my hot chocolate when snuggling on a cold night! 

So, I think for February I need to try giving something up that actually means something to me; something that I need to think about and that will take effort on my part! I'd say chocolate, but I think I might be asking a lot of myself to just decide to give up chocolate and then do it - I need to put some thought into that and prepare myself psychologically! I'm thinking sweets - I eat a lot of sweets; they're my go to for things like driving, and time at the pub. So, I'm gonna clean out my bag and put the stuff in the cupboard in a box and see how I go!

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment