Thursday 4 January 2018

New Year... New Start

In so many ways...

To say that my last post was only two days before the end of the year... and it's only four days after that same year ended, there has been so much happen! Firstly, my car broke down just before Christmas... and on New Year's Eve we decided that I needed to do something about it! So, we did. I said my goodbyes and left her with the guy at We Buy Any Car! Then I had to do something about a new one - this having to rely on lifts everywhere is getting old real quick... So, in good old Daddy fashion - he found one and we went to see it - and it's that simple. I pick it up this afternoon; fingers crossed!

New Year was great - I spent the evening with my baby sister, some great friends, and I got to kiss the love of my life at midnight!!

The night with the Atomic lads, over at the Milestone Pub was a fantastic evening filled with laughs, silly photo opportunities and some amazing memories being made - we even video called my mom at midnight so that she could join in the celebrations!!

This new year brings with it some great plans for the music side of my life - Angry Jesters have gigs booked in every month already, the jam nights are back up and running and there are even some arena gigs on the cards!


In other areas of my life - I moved in with Simon over the last few days - we signed the lease for the house, made it official and I got to sorting through the enormous amount of stuff I had crammed into the small bedroom at home!! Little things like being here when he gets home are going to take a while before they wear off - I love the smile on his face when he finds me doing normal 'housey' things.

We even went shopping last night to fill the fridge, as it often looks like a fridge straight out of a bachelor pad - milk, bread and beer being the staples. Now it is full of food I can cook - one of my New Year's Resolutions being to try out new recipes. Which s more than I can say for my plans to get out walking - I do have two and a half days left to fit in two walks - but it's not looking good for the first week!


As for other Resolutions - I have bought myself a little calendar to use for my writing plans... I want to try and stay on top of things this year - publish to dates and keep editing in check. By the end of last year I had let things go a little, and that resulted in a story going a little AWOL for a while. Not this year! I am going to stick to monthly planning and keep to dates and times - should be easier this year as there were other factors last year that played their part. So - keep your eyes on my author page, website and Instagram for more details and to keep up to date with the goings on of my alter ego... Oh, and sign up to my newsletter - that way you get insights and sneak peaks at ideas and writing before the rest of the world... Just put your email into this link and then click the link in the email it sends to you and you're in - plus you get instant access to The Zone - a small area on my website just for the subscribers!! There are currently a few ideas for new stories that I'm looking for opinions on!!

I think that is enough for now - I have other news, and other things to tell you, but I'll save them for another day - and more to the point - until I have better photos to accompany the posts... I just have to say that it finally feels like life is dealing me a hand that I can play... It's only the beginning of the things that are still to come, but it is definitely a start...



No comments:

Post a Comment