Tuesday 23 January 2018

Lending a hand and learning new skills!



So, Monday night found me back at the Park Lane store in Meadowhall, after hours! Having closed up early, the team set to work scanning, counting and rearranging in order to get through the stock take! This was where I came in; reinforcements! Scan gun in hand, I took to scanning and worked my way through the shop, following the rest of the team and keeping count of the stock levels. It was interesting, and I learned loads about stock levels, and how to keep a check on them. Plus it was ace being back there and seeing some of the staff - I hope they missed me!!!

When Doncaster have their stock take, I'm gonna be a pro. I like that they included me, it gave me a chance to add some kills to my repertoire - stock take is something I always managed to avoid in my previous job; just by accident, so this gave me an insight into something that I have been around for years, but never actively been a part of. It's all about the Personal Development :)

Plus - I learned from my time at Meadowhall over Christmas - and when I got there, I searched for the closest available space to the walkway, meaning I didn't have the long trek back to the car at eleven at night!!


See - I might be blonde, but I can learn a trick or two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment