Wednesday 24 January 2018

Our House - in the middle of our street

I think I'm in!!

Having signed the lease to move in with my boyfriend on the 2nd January - I think I am finally moved in! It took several trips to and from mum's, where I have lived for the best part of my life (University, and one failed attempt at moving out excluded) and more boxes and bags full of stuff than I could ever imagine... but I did it. I'm a big girl now. I never knew I owned so much stuff - and how on earth I fit it all into my tiny little bedroom at home I will never know.

Over the course of the last few weeks though,  have slowly turned his man pad into our home - there are little signs of me everywhere now... photos on the walls, ornaments and picture frames on the surfaces, clothes around, my shoes in the kitchen - I even bought a small cupboard for in the dining room to keep my writing stuff in so that I didn't take over the dining room table too much!

I love it - I was genuinely worried about spending most of the days by myself, as due to work patterns, there was always someone around at home - here, I spend the day alone, and the Simon comes home in the evening and we get the evenings together! It hasn't been as bad as I expected -  keep myself busy. I'm the master of washing; I have a routine and everything that means I get it all done, and get the kids room cleared out in time for their visit at the weekend. It resembles Window Twanky's laundry throughout the week. Plus I am experimenting int he kitchen - I have been cooking most weekday nights, and Simon takes over at the weekend... I have tried out new things - including Dad's stew! It turned out alright :) Even Daddy said so, as of course I took some for him to try - I needed an expert's opinion!

One of the other things I worried about was missing my Mom - I know, I'm supposed to be a big girl now - but I'm still a Mommy's girl at heart. Turns out, I didn't need to worry - I've seen her pretty much every day since moving out, even if it has only been a quick fly by - this week I've seen her every day as I'm helping decorate. Yup, she didn't wait long after both my sister and I moved out to give the place a lick of paint... Only joking - we're giving her bedroom a long overdue makeover!!

That's all for today - the washing machine has just finished... off to hang it all up, and crack on with my day - talk soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment