Monday 15 January 2018

Starting a new shop...

Well, it happened... I started at my new shop yesterday - I am now an official Bookseller for Waterstone's!! I belong to the Doncaster, Frenchgate store now, and loved my first day yesterday :)

The shop is on two floors, with a cosy little downstairs where you can find all new and best sellers, the charts for both fiction and non-fiction, plus a range of games, stationary and local interest books and items! There is also a whole bay for Harry Potter, plus some children's books and a bay full of David Walliams books... This was where you would have found me yesterday - I was the first face you came across when you entered the strore - Unlucky for some right? But, I had a smile on my face all day, kept the place clean and tidy, and managed to answer all customer enquiries with confidence! Get me eh?!


Upstairs is where all the fun is - the sections are all upstairs - including the main fiction section - which is where you can normally find me if I'm there as a customer; look for the fantasy books and you'll see me!! There are also the other sections you'd expect to find: sport, biography, music and entertainment, hobbies, along with many more, and of course - the children's department. It's great. Very open and colourful, and full of books... what more could you want?! Oh, and did I  mention that we have a Costa Coffee shop on the top floor too :) What better combination than a new book and a delicious cup of your liquid of choice - for me, it's always hot chocolate!


I went with great intentions - packed up a little lunch, though by my own admissions it wasn't great as we are heading for the shops tonight, so very little food to actually pack... My intentions, as usual, failed me by lunch time and I went in search of something better - Bingo! There's totally a Subway just around the corner! That sorted, I hunted down a guy that could help with my parking issues - great parking and affordable prices - if you're there to shop... an eight hour shift however, is going to break the bank if I have to pay for the car park every time I'm there... That sorted, it was back to work!

Other than having chosen the wrong pair of boots and therefore being in great need of a bath and a foot rub by the time I got home, and suffering from a little loneliness by the end of the shift when the footfall of customers died down a little, I had a wonderful first day and am looking forward to next weekend! I have some reading material to get through by then - policies and other bits and bobs, but I have all week to read and digest the new information, and then get back there, raring to go!

Now you know where to find me, I hope to see some familiar faces dropping in - the centre is great too, though I have only explored a very small amount of it so far, it's definitely worth a visit!

See you soon, x


No comments:

Post a Comment