Sunday 18 March 2018

I joined the Tweeting Community!!

At the beginning of the month, I made the decision to join the Twitter community as there are so many authors, publishers, and of course, the readers on there that even I was starting to wonder why I hadn't gotten around to it yet... So, I made the plunge and started having a nosey, created my profile and found a few friends to follow as well as stalking the pages of some of the authors whose books I love to read. All seemed to be going great... Then everything went mad - one of the girls I work with tagged retweeted my 'Hello' post and tagged me to get everyone to say Hello!! It turns out that she knows a lot of people - my phone didn't stop tweeting for over two hours! By the time Simon came home and said it was time to go out, I had met some lovely people, connected with some fantastic new authors and related book fanatics, as well as having got to see posts from so many book lovers it was a little overwhelming at times!

Since that first crazy few hours, tweeting life has calmed down, and I am getting into the swing of tweeting - I will admit that it is taking some getting used to as I am so used to Instagram, and the setup and expectations are so different, that I am having to think about what to put and how much I am writing! A couple of times, Twitter has cut me off because I have used too many characters!! 

Wanna follow me, or just fly by to say Hi?? Check out my profile with this link - I'd love to make some more connections with the people already using this platform!



Till next time people x

No comments:

Post a Comment