Friday 27 July 2018

Back to normal...

Well, after a week in Buxton working their International Festival as a part of the Waterstones pop-up Bookshop, I am now back home, and enjoying a well-deserved week off!


I got back from Buxton on Sunday evening, and without a word of a lie, was fed, showered and in bed for half nine!! I was knackered - eight days of over ten hour shifts, some fantastic events, meeting authors, late night signings and the heat, I was more than ready to sleep... and sleep I did! I managed to see Monday morning - just - and then proceeded to enjoy a girly day with my mom and sister - going out for some lunch and then going to watch Mamma Mia in the cinema (a fantastic film btw - go see it) - it was grand.

Back to the grind Tuesday morning though, and the half six alarm was most unwelcome I can tell you! But I only had two days to get through. It was actually quite nice to get back to the shop and to see my colleagues and the regular customers and get back to some form of routine - all be it just for one day. The following day saw our annual stock take, and having done the two in Meadowhall over the last few months, I knew what to expect. It was warm, it was sticky, and I counted and scanned lots of books! Finally leaving at one in the morning, heading straight for bed, safe in the knowledge that I had my week off to look forward to...

Now, I am a couple of days into that holiday and loving the free time. I have read a book, I have written a few thousand words, I have plodded around the house and made dinner, plus I got to enjoy the sunshine from my beautiful, clean conservatory! My plans for the rest of the week (Weekend unincluded due to the descent of two tiny humans and a gig tomorrow evening) is to spend some more time reading - I plan on making a dent in the to-be-read pile - some writing - I need to finish my Camp NaNo target and then set about with some editing and proof reading!! And most of all, to enjoy spending a few days without having to think about going back to work. It has been well-earned and I am going to make the most of it before returning to my little Heaven surrounded by books!!

If anyone wants to come round for a drink, or even for lunch - all you have to do is ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment