Sunday 24 December 2017

Big Spender...

So, as we all know, I got a job with Waterstone's for the festive period... well, with that, came a nice shiny black discount card for me to use as staff! I am here now to admit that I may have a problem - I have spent a fortune! I don't think that I have actually earned any money these last few weeks, as when I sat and foolishly added up everything I had bought - I found over a hundred pounds worth of books and other paraphernalia! Now, I have bought several Christmas presents (nearly everyone has presents from Waterstone's this year) and I have bought several books for myself that would normally have been on my list for Santa... but obviously it made more sense for me to just get them myself with my staff discount. The rest is stuff that I probably did not need, nor would I have bought if it wasn't for the staff discount card burning a hole in my purse...

Interested in a run down??

 - Darker by E L James (a would-have-been Christmas present - and of which I am already half way through, as well as having read a short story from another author)
 - Slave to Sensation by Nalini SIngh (a series I have been wanting to start for a while)
 - Betrayals by Kelley Armstrong (a would-have-been Christmas present)
 - Archangel's Venom by Nalini Singh (a would-have-been Christmas present)
 - Crow Girl by Erik Axl Sund (a big hit at work I thought I should read)
- A small elephant (that I made into a key ring for my keys)
 - Red Queen by Christina Henry (next in the Alice series)
 - Pax by Sara Pennypacker (one I saw and decided I wanted)
 - Scrappy Little Nobody, Anna Kendrick's Autobiography (because I always wanted to read it and never got around to buying it)


 - Assorted presents for the family including books, calendars, and bits for the kids
 - Bookmarks for the kids
 - A new game for Christmas - Bananagrams (Everyone seems to be talking about it)

 - Inky the Octopus (because he just had to come home with me...)
 - A Waterstone's canvas bag (because I want to advertise where I work)
 - And several oddments that I really did not need, but bought because I could








Oh... and by the way - that hundred pound... was after discount - so the technical total is way higher!!

Enjoy Christmas - I hope everyone likes their presents!!

Love Me xx


No comments:

Post a Comment