Wednesday 6 December 2017

Book hauls and night time hikes...

I made my first purchase... After getting my staff card, I rounded up the things I've been eyeing up since starting work, and spent some of my hard earned pennies! In my defence, I only bought three books - I made the decision to buy my own instead of having them as Christmas presents this year, but I added several presents for other people, and some other bits and bobs that I'd spied. I walked away with a carrier full of goodies and a smile on my face!

Here's what I bought:

Darker was on my Christmas list for Santa, but surrounded by that many copies I couldn't not have one - due to my strange habits of needing to reread a series, I will be picking up Grey again first.
The Crow Girl is one of the Hero Lines at work, and is selling like crazy - I had to get in on the drama and find out what all the fuss us about, so that is what I am planning on reading next.
The last one is actually children's fiction - but I have put several though the tills now and I am curious. About the relationship between a boy and his fox, the story holds great promise for tears!

After buying all my goodies, I set off for the long journey back to the staff car park - and when I say long journey, I am not over exaggerating... From walking out the doors of Waterstone's to actually climbing into my car, takes approximately eleven minutes, give or take slow walkers and how busy the traffic is on the main road that I have to cross! Add to that, the cold weather, battling directions once inside Marks and Spencer's and being laden with bags, it can take longer.

See that little purple dome in the distance??  That's Meadowhall, and this is only around half way - I'm just passed the main road on the way to the car park - before I've even hiked across the lot to where I left my car. Most of my shifts are lunch time starts, so the car park is full by the time I get there, meaning I park miles away and pretty much walk to work. I am definitely clocking up my steps in a day like this!


I planned to take on a Winter Walk challenge this month, and we made it to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park at the weekend where we walked around four and a half miles, but other than that - my hikes to and from the staff car park are the most I have managed - I will check out the millage on the walk and get back to you with specifics!! 

Till then, why not get out in the Winter air and go for a walk - it is actually quite refreshing!

2 comments:

  1. And had time to make a phone call! Definitely a long walk! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and a phone call - it wasn't exactly a quick call either!!

      Delete